Hello all. This blog is going to focus on recent sport news as they relate to the topics we have been covering in my American Sport in the 21st Century Class. I hope you all enjoy the topics I have chosen and I am looking for feed back so feel free to respond.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Athletes and "MyTwitterFaceing"
Ok so I have never had Myspace, Facebook, twitter or anything remotely close to those things and yes I tend to be a little bias when it comes to the debate on whether they are good for sports and athletes or aren't they? I think that they are a very easy way for people in general to get into trouble. I am sure that some athletes use theirs to do good things like promote charity events and things of that sort but the majority of the news we hear about these things are negative and deconstructive to them and the team/organization they he or she may work for. So in a lot of ways I feel the bad things that happen out weigh the good things these are being used for. There are many dumb things that athletes have been quoted on twitter of saying that are going to be around forever, such as the jets current corner Antonio Cromartie having this to say about his organizations catering service “Man we have to have the most nasty food of any team. Damn can we upgrade 4 str8 years the same ish maybe that’s y we can’t we the SB we need.” Antonio Cromartie...Thats a very bold statement about food Im sure is delicious and who can forget Rashard Mendenhall's quotes about Bin Ladens death and how we shouldn't be celebrating it as a country. I gave you one from a list and one from my memory but take a look at the rest of these. http://live.drjays.com/index.php/2010/08/31/tweet-downs-the-dumb-things-athletes-say-on-twitter/. But i wanna hear what the rest of you think is it good for sports and people or not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment